a human-powered drip irrigation installation tool to aid in global water conservation
- Cuts installation time in half
- Requires only 1 user
- Removes back breaking labor
After volunteering at the UW Farm, our founder Allisa was frustrated with the excessive labor and time that went into installing drip tape by hand. With no tools to help install drip irrigation, she set out to create the tool herself, which later became Tape-It-Easy.
What is Drip Irrigation?
UNDERSTANDING THE INs & OUTS
- Most water efficient irrigation system on the market with 95% efficiency, compared to sprinklers' 65% efficiency
- "Drips" water directly from emitters to roots of plant
- No water is wasted from evaporation or runoff
- Soil and plant health is increased from prevention of nutrient leeching and prevention of moisture on leaves
- Farms, Orchards, Vineyards, Gardens
- Integration for liquid fertigation
- Utilization of rain water collection systems
CHANGING DRIP IRRIGATION ONE STAKE AT A TIME
One-time purchase, compared to $2000/acre hired labor; Savings are compounded every subsequent season
- Human powered; no electricity or gas consumption
- Can be manufactured with industry-standard equipment, making it scalable to cover the needs of the market
Fast and Easy
- Reduces two-person job to a single operator
- User is able to stay upright rather than repeatedly bending over every few feet, increasing accuracy and safety
- Installation twice as fast when compared to traditional methods
Awards & Traction
- Angel investor, manufacturing partner, and mentor: Peter Agtuca of Laser Cutting Northwest
- Grand prize winner of 2017 Infymaker Contest
- Participant of 2016 Foster+Jones Accelerator
- JARL Award winner and finalist of 2016 Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge
- Sustainability Prize winner and finalist of 2015 PNW CleanTech Open
- Finalist of 2015 Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge
- Patent Pending No. US 15/089,343; PCT/US16/25716
Creating a new vision for an established industry.
Making innovation possible
If you're interested in learning more about the Tape-It-Easy system, please fill out the short interest form below. Thanks!